Tuesday, September 8, 2009

motivation

For the past month I've been playing the best poker of my life. It seemed to relate directly with needing to raise more and more money for college. I developed specific needs for winning, rather than broad goals and wants of having more money or hitting milestone bonuses.

Not long after I began playing full time I felt like I was wondering. Poker and trying to win money that had no purpose was the only thing in my life. The problem is that there is no amount of money I could win that would satisfy me. Trying to reach that satisfaction level was daunting.

Certain periods along my journey have certainly helped, such as my stint in 6 max and dropping levels to work on my game, but the money has to mean something for me to play well. Having no real direction and being able to live comfortably on rakeback left me playing without thinking most of the time.

And yesterday, labor day, is my best day to date. $1250 with fpps
www.dudeopia.com

No comments: